About Goddard: Founded in 1997, Goddard is a dynamic, full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives.
Why you should join us:
- Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
- On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Thursday, the entire Goddard staff gathers in our Beverly and San Diego offices to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you’re always supported by the whole team.
- We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy, Athletic Club and Women’s Network to social hours and summer Fridays, we believe in taking care of our teammates.
Goddard is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with roughly 3-5 years of relevant experience as defined below to join our team in Beverly, MA.
Core relevant skills/experience:
- Industrial automation
- Mechanical design and DFX, particularly with respect to sheet metal, machining
- 2D drawing creation, GD&T
- Sustaining engineering
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Work with teams to design and test mechanical concepts for overall packaging strategies, mechanisms, and parts – all while balancing function, appearance, form, and budgetary requirements.
- Provide DFX knowledge to ensure designs are optimized for manufacturability, serviceability, and sustainability.
- Work well with clients and as a key member on large project teams.
- Communicate clearly with team members, senior management, and the client throughout the project.
- Be a positive and success-oriented individual who is familiar with the latest product development, production, and rapid-prototype methodologies.
- Work with team members to estimate resource requirements, monitor progress and balance/reallocate as needed.
- Strive to balance strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Work with team members to resolve conflicts among resources and between clients and engineering teams.
- Remain apprised of the progress of certain projects, paying particular attention to any developing problems, and participate in major problem resolutions.
- Keep all privileged information private and confidential.
- Be proficient in the latest version of SolidWorks CAD package.
- Travel as-needed (valid driver’s license and vehicle required).
- You are a strong communicator, creative thinker, and team player.
- You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
- You are energized by solving tough problems and tackling challenges head on.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.