Founded in 1997, Goddard is a dynamic, full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives.
Why you should join us:
- Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
- On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Thursday, the entire Goddard staff gathers in our Beverly and San Diego offices to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you’re always supported by the whole team.
- We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy, Athletic Club and Women’s Network to social hours and summer Fridays, we believe in taking care of our teammates
Goddard is seeking a highly motived Electrical Engineer to join the electrical engineering team in the design, development and validation of state-of-the-art medical devices and robotic systems. This position will collaborate with cross-functional teams including R&D, mechanical engineering, software development, and quality assurance to ensure seamless integration of electrical components and systems.
- Create schematics and bill of materials and oversee the layout of these designs.
- Be hands-on in the lab, debugging and building.
- Collaborate with external partners, suppliers, and contract manufacturers to ensure successful product development and manufacturing processes.
- Communicate issues and solutions to both internal and external customers.
- Develop cabling harnesses.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field with 2-5 years of experience.
- Expertise in analog and digital circuit design, power electronics, microcontrollers, motors, sensors, and wireless communication protocols.
- Proficiency in PCB design tools (e.g., Altium Designer, Cadence Allegro, OrCAD) and circuit simulation software (e.g., SPICE).
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and debug electronic circuits.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
Please note: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of any employment Visa at this time.