About Goddard: Founded in 1997, Goddard is a dynamic, full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives.
Why you should join us:
- Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
- On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Thursday, the entire Goddard staff gathers in our Beverly and San Diego offices to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you’re always supported by the whole team.
- We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy, Athletic Club and Women’s Network to social hours and summer Fridays, we believe in taking care of our teammates. Goddard is seeking a highly motived Controls Engineer to work with our client to design, implement and maintain their factory automation control systems. You will work closely with the Engineering and Operations teams onsite.
About the Role:
- Review current design documentation, including requirements, schematics, firmware, PLC code and cabinet designs.
- Architect control systems specifying required PLC components, cabin design and wiring schematics.
- Write ECO to update design documentation.
- Ensure all designs are in compliance with all relevant safety standards, including but not limited to UL and IEC.
- Support software testing and verification.
- Perform continuous improvement, design optimization, and simplification of components.
- Debug existing systems to find the root cause of failures.
- Complete design details for systems, specify terminations, layout, and wire routing.
- Design and program PLCs (Rockwell, Siemens, and Allen-Bradley), using Codesys, ladder logic, or other standard formats.
- Support Program Management with schedule and cost updates.
- Calculate heat loads and design passive/active cooling schemes.
- Be a motivating, positive, and success-oriented team member while collaborating with others to find creative solutions to problems.
- Be empathetic towards others, whether it’s a project or personal related subject.
- Be attentive to details and receptive to feedback.
- Be familiar with the latest development and methodologies in your field. Continue to grow your capabilities within all realms of your career.
- Admit weakness in areas you need help in no matter what situation you are faced with. Goddard prides themselves on helping each other and getting the right people, support, or tools in place to ensure a successful result.
- Take every care, regard, action, and ability to keep all privileged information not yet known to other individuals, companies, public, or other entity private and confidential in all regards.
- Travel as needed. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, or related field.
- 4 -6 years of experience in controls engineering, PLC programming, or related field.
- Knowledge of E-Plan, SolidWorks Electrical and Microsoft Suite.
- Codesys experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Represent yourself professionally in client meetings and at client sites.
Please note: Presently, Goddard does not sponsor employment visas.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.