Why you should join us:
- Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
- On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Thursday, the entire Goddard staff gathers in our Beverly and San Diego offices to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you’re always supported by the whole team.
- We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy, Athletic Club and Women’s Network to social hours and summer Fridays, we believe in taking care of our teammates
Goddard is seeking a Director of Human Factors Engineering to build an HFE team and generate effective procedures that will help our clients meet their objectives. The ideal candidate should meet the requirements listed below.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Be a motivating, positive, and success-oriented leader.
- Be empathetic towards others, whether it is project or personally related subjects.
- Be a person who is familiar with the latest development and methodologies in your field. Continue to grow your capabilities within all realms of your career.
- Admit weakness in areas you need help in no matter what situation you are faced with. Goddard prides themselves on helping each other and getting the right people, support, or tools in place to make a successful result.
- Take every care, regard, action, and ability to keep all privileged information not yet known to other individuals, companies, public, or other entity private and confidential in all regards.
- Travel as-needed. A valid driver’s license and passport required. Client may be located locally, nationally, or internationally.
- Know and comply with Goddard’s QMS system.
- Work with Human Resources and Accounting Departments for processes and procedures for day-to-day activity.
As a Department Manager, you will:
- Have a strong knowledge of the implementation of all relevant HF & usability related standards and guidance documents (such as AAMI/ ANSI/ISO14971, AAMI/ANSI HE75, IEC62366.)
- Effectively champion and drive a culture of design that is focused on the experience of the user/patient.
- Be responsible for the vetting and selection of all new employees who will be working as possible direct reports.
- Be responsible for the vetting of HFE consultants and contractors.
- Be responsible for annual performance reviews for employees working as direct reports.
- Work with team members to estimate resource requirements, monitor progress, and balance and reallocate resources as needed.
- Work with team members and other managers to resolve conflicts among resources and between client and engineering teams.
- Remain apprised of the progress of certain projects, paying attention to any developing problems, and participate in minor and major problem resolutions.
- Conduct general forecasting and employee utilization on a weekly basis.
- Mentor other Goddard team members as-needed, professionally and personally.
- Monitor, approve or disapprove of PTO requests in accordance with the company policy.
- Strive for the right balance between strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Identify and encourage team member training.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Communicate to Project Mangers, Directors of Program Management, or the executive team of any significant deviations from ongoing efforts.
- Create Budgets, Gantt charts, and task tracking methods. Understand the need to measure effort remaining compared to time and money remaining.
- Perform or delegate tasks to work toward a company or project goal.
- Coordinate and motivate a project team.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with your team and client throughout a project or programs to set expectations on project deliverables and high-risk areas. Manage and facilitate client interactions with strong, clear communication as it relates to deliverables, design reviews, deadlines, etc. Create and collect weekly project status updates as required.
- Negotiate when necessary for the best interest of the company.
- Deliver exceptional product and services. On-time and on-budget.
To support Business Development, you will:
- Assist BD in driving HFE work to Goddard, through personal contacts, marketing efforts, and more.
- Work with BD to collect and review requests for proposals or requests for support on a time and material or project basis. Ascertain project requirements or qualifications necessary for clients.
- Assist in quote writing by describing effort required for necessary task to deliver on client requirements.
- Define project scope including proposal composition, lead and deliver presentations, estimate and stabilize the most appropriate process and deliverable to satisfy client needs.
- Perform research and discovery of potential clients’ history and background, establishing contacts through personal networking, event attendance.
- Assist with marketing efforts when needed.
- Regularly attend industry networking events and trade shows.
- Review customer satisfaction survey.
COVID-19 Consideration: We require all employees to be fully vaccinated in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, and visitors.
Please note: Presently, Goddard does not sponsor employment visas.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.