- Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
- On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Thursday, the entire Goddard staff gathers in our Beverly and San Diego offices to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you’re always supported by the whole team.
- We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy, Athletic Club and Women’s Network to social hours and summer Fridays, we believe in taking care of our teammates
Goddard is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team. The individual in this position will be able to conduct themselves in the manners listed below and refine any needed skills to efficiently cover all responsibilities. Ideal candidate should possess a broad understanding of the electronic technology landscape and the desire to keep up with the changes in technology. The ability to define the system and hardware architecture for a given system and participate in the definition of the software architecture.
You are expected to:
- Take every care, regard, action, and ability to keep all privileged information not yet known to other individuals, companies, public, or other entity private and confidential in all regards.
- Define initial project scope including proposal composition, lead and deliver presentations, estimate and stabilize the most appropriate process and deliverable to satisfy client needs.
- Be the senior most principal Engineer of the group- expected to conduct and lead interviews of additional teammates with expectations of growing and developing a cohesive design team.
- Be the primary lead on multiple projects, manage and lead groups of engineers, advise, or assist in the design and execution of all projects from initiation to completion, ensuring on-time submission of deliverables.
- Work with and lead teams to create Electrical/ Electromechanical concepts for overall packaging strategies, mechanisms, and parts. These concepts are expected to balance function, appearance, form, and budgetary requirements.
- Work with clients on individual projects or as a team lead, team member, or support member on larger projects.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with your team and the client throughout the project.
- Strive for the right balance between strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Be a motivating, positive, and success-oriented individual who is familiar with the latest development/production/electrical methodologies.
- Manage and facilitate client interactions with strong, clear communication as it relates to deliverables, design reviews, deadlines, etc.
- Work with Sales to establish, locate and procure perspective clients, perform initial contact and assessment of new projects, go on road trips with sales to establish contact, and instill confidence in client of our company and our Engineering abilities.
- Work with team members to estimate resource requirements, monitor progress, and balance and reallocate resources as needed.
- Be responsible to resolve conflicts among resources and between clients and engineering teams.
- Long term/ short term mentor other Engineers in similar/ like fields.
- Remain apprised of the progress of certain projects, paying particular attention to any developing problems, and participate in major problem resolutions.
- Communicate to senior management any significant deviations from project plans
- Coordinate internal team staffing and budget requirements for projects.
- Continue to grow your capabilities within all realms of your career.
- Travel as-needed (valid driver’s license and vehicle required).
You should be technically familiar and comfortable with:
- Wireless technology - Familiarity with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Wi-Fi, LoRa and other low power wireless standards. Familiarity with cellular technologies, particularly 4G technologies targeting IoT
- Microcontrollers - Experience in designing microcontroller and microprocessor-based systems including ARM Cortex M series microcontrollers. C-programming expertise desired.
- Low power - Ability to design a system to minimize power consumption for portable battery-operated devices.
- Battery - Charging and fuel gauging of Lithium chemistry batteries for portable applications.
- Sensors - Familiarity with various sensor types including MEMS sensors and ability to design them into a system.
- GPS - Familiarity with GPS technology and incorporating GPS capability into a product.
- Motors - Ability to design in circuits to drive motors including brushed, brushless and stepper.
- Compliance/Certification/Agency Approvals - Experience with product compliance requirements to include at least FCC Part 15 Subpart B
- Expertise out-sourcing for prototype, pre-fabrication/ low volume, high-volume/ production runs.
- Experience with various cost reduction techniques.
- Have the ability to understand and document a theory (sequence) of operations.
- Familiar with automation systems using PLC and related software
- Have the ability to create quick prototypes when necessary utilizing Arduino, Raspberry pi or best method given the situation.
With regards to Computer & Software Use, you are expected to:
- Create entire databases describing complete product development and design. These databases will be suitable for direct transfer to prototyping and/or manufacturing and will include all consideration for assembly, tooling and functional design requirements. This work will often be performed as part of a team, which includes electrical engineers, mechanical engineers and industrial designers.
- Either create or oversee the creation of product documentation for the manufacturing and assembly process in accordance with Goddard Technologies practices.
- Use appropriate software as the primary design platforms.
- Advise, research, and recommend hardware & software applications that will benefit the company and its team members by way of efficiency.
- Continue to grow your capabilities with all computer programs.
COVID-19 Consideration: We require all employees to be fully vaccinated in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, and visitors.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.