About Goddard: Founded in 1997, Goddard is a dynamic, full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives.
Why you should join us:
- Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
- On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Thursday, the entire Goddard staff gathers in our Beverly and San Diego offices to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you’re always supported by the whole team.
- We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy, Athletic Club and Women’s Network to social hours and summer Fridays, we believe in taking care of our teammates.
Goddard is seeking an Associate Components Engineer with 1-2 years of experience to join our team in Beverly, MA.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Source, select and qualify components used in a wide variety of projects and designs.
- Investigate alternate component technologies or supplies, reducing risk, costs and improving quality and reliability.
- Analyze, review, and document existing designs from system- to-component level and be involved in technical discussions.
- Understand new technology and process used in new components and apply knowledge to improve quality/reliability as needed.
- Develop guidelines and procedures for new component qualification.
- Eagerly take on new challenges and work semi-independently.
- Assist in defining the culture for Goddard's electrical engineering team.
- Practice clear and direct communication with management and customers.
- Assist Senior and Mid-level Engineers with Identifying problems and formulating solutions, collecting data, and developing test procedures to prove or dis-prove failures and solutions.
- Travel as-needed (valid driver’s license and vehicle required).
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Electrical component certification requirements (RoHS, REACH, etc.).
- Board-level and component-level testing for part qualification.
- Documenting and creating Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) or similar.
- Electronic and digital circuit design.
- Managing requirements and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Using Agile PLM or other similar product lifecycle management systems.
In addition, we’d prefer if you had:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or other technical discipline.
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software.
- Knowledge of electrical active and passive components.
- Technical literacy and attention to detail when reading datasheets, application notes, design requirements, and mechanical drawings.
- You are a strong communicator, creative thinker, and a team player.
- You are looking for an opportunity for professional growth.
- You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
- You are energized by tackling tough challenges.
COVID-19 Consideration: We require all employees to be fully vaccinated in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, and visitors.
Please note: Presently, Goddard does not sponsor employment visas.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.