Goddard is seeking an Electromechanical Technician to join our team. This position will be a great fit for candidates with a proven aptitude for qualifying, assembling, and testing mechanical and electrical components.
You will get to work with various prototypes, fixtures, and testing equipment built from the ground up. Our clients come from diverse industries: Consumer Products, Medical devices, industrial automation, and robotics. Overseeing our 3D printing and machine shop, you will be responsible for working closely with our engineering team to provide exceptional services and solutions for our clients. Depending on our client’s needs, work could be performed at our office or at our client locations in the Boston or greater Boston area.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Build and test assemblies and subcomponents for Engineering and Industrial Design groups following manufacturing process documentation.
- Assemble and repair precision electromechanical parts, assemblies, and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, test equipment.
- Have experience with panels, pulleys, switching mechanisms, motors, power supplies, pneumatic valves, and actuators.
- Conduct, under direction, tests, and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Calibrate assembly tooling to meet operational tolerances/specifications.
- Support new product prototype builds as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records to ensure Device History Records (DHR) and quality documents are accurate when required.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Perform all work following quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Able to use a computer with Microsoft or google based software.
- Troubleshoot and maintain our various 3d printers.
- Quote build and delivery 3d printed parts for internal build requests.
- Create or modify basic parts using a mill, lathe, and other shop tools.
- Maintain shop space and manage orders of replacement tools/materials as needed.
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in electromechanical assembly, medical device manufacturing a plus.
- Must have hands-on experience with both mechanical and electrical assemblies.
- Must have a basic understanding of electronics/electricity.
- Basic understanding and use of a multimeter, DC power supplies, Loctite/EFD dispensing units, and machine shop equipment (Milling and Lathe).
- Must have a basic understanding of ESD.
- Able to solder electrical components.
- Ability to work with minimal components; this role requires fine motor skills and dexterity.
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills, MS Word, and Excel. (Preferred candidates to have experience operating Solidworks.)
- Must be a quality-minded team player that takes the initiative to improve product and process performance.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend English, and have basic math skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions & directions independently.
- Capable of lifting 50lbs.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience with manual milling and turning.
- Comfortable with shop tools to repair and modify prototypes (saws, sanders, grinders, hand tools).
- Ability to read and understand drawings/ BOMs.
COVID-19 Consideration: We adhere to the highest standards to keep our employees safe, including the implementation of masks and social distancing in our offices. We are also requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, and visitors.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.