About Goddard: Founded in 1997, Goddard is a dynamic, full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives.
Why you should join us:
- Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
- On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Thursday, the entire Goddard staff gathers in our Beverly and San Diego offices to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you’re always supported by the whole team.
- We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy, Athletic Club and Women’s Network to social hours and summer Fridays, we believe in taking care of our teammates.
Goddard is seeking an Electrical Engineer with up to 4 years of experience to join the new electrical engineering team in our San Diego office. The ideal candidate should possess an understanding of the electronic technology landscape and the desire to keep up with the changes in technology.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Assist in research, development, design, test, and integration of electronic and electro-mechanical efforts for medical products, consumer products, commercial equipment, and automation systems.
- Eagerly take on new challenges and work semi-independently.
- Assist in defining the culture for Goddard’s electrical engineering team.
- Practice clear and direct communication with management and customers.
- Assist Senior Engineers with Identifying problems and formulating solutions, collecting data and developing test procedures to prove or dis-prove failures and solutions.
- Travel as-needed (valid driver’s license and vehicle required).
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Managing requirements and troubleshooting complex issues
- Medical device development
- Experience with motors and controls
- Designing and developing complex analog and digital electrical systems from concept through to production
- Embedded Systems Development
- Firmware development in C/C++
- Designing wireless devices, antennas, or other RF applications
- Python, LabView or MATLAB
- Linux command-line
- You are a strong communicator, creative thinker, and a team player.
- You are looking for an opportunity for professional growth.
- You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
- You are energized by tackling tough challenges.
COVID-19 Consideration: We are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, and visitors.
Please note: Presently, Goddard does not sponsor employment visas.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.