Goddard is seeking an Electrical Engineer with up to 4 years of experience to join our growing electrical engineering team in our Beverly office. The ideal candidate should possess an understanding of the electronic technology landscape and the desire to keep up with the changes in technology.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Assist in research, development, design, test, and integration of electronic and electro-mechanical efforts for medical products, consumer products, commercial equipment, and automation systems.
- Eagerly take on new challenges and work semi-independently.
- Assist in defining the culture for Goddard’s electrical engineering team.
- Practice clear and direct communication with management and customers.
- Assist Senior Engineers with Identifying problems and formulating solutions, collecting data and developing test procedures to prove or dis-prove failures and solutions.
- Travel as-needed (valid driver’s license and vehicle required).
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Managing requirements and troubleshooting complex issues
- Medical device development
- Experience with motors and controls
- Designing and developing complex analog and digital electrical systems from concept through to production
- Embedded Systems Development
- Firmware development in C/C++
- Designing wireless devices, antennas, or other RF applications
- Python, LabView or MATLAB
- Linux command-line
- You are a strong communicator, creative thinker, and a team player.
- You are looking for an opportunity for professional growth.
- You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
- You are energized by tackling tough challenges.
COVID-19 Consideration: We adhere to the highest standards to keep our employees safe, including the implementation of masks and social distancing in our offices. We are also requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, and visitors.
About Goddard: Founded in 1997, Goddard is a full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives. We have offices in Beverly, MA and San Diego, CA.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Please note: Presently, Goddard does not sponsor employment visas.
Staffing Agencies and Recruiters: Goddard, Inc. will not accept resumes from agencies or recruiters with whom we do not have an existing agreement in place. Please do not forward resumes to our management team or any of Goddard, Inc.’s employees. Goddard, Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.