Goddard is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with roughly 3-5 years of experience in product development, mechanical design and engineering to join our team in San Diego, CA.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Work with a team to design and test mechanical concepts for a wide range of products, encompassing core functional mechanisms, exterior parts, and packaging - all while balancing function, appearance, and budgetary requirements.
- Work with clients independently or as a team member on larger projects.
- Communicate clearly with team members, senior management, and the client throughout the project.
- Be a positive and success-oriented individual who is familiar with the latest product development and rapid-prototype methodologies.
- Work with team members to estimate resource requirements, monitor progress and balance/reallocate as needed.
- Strive to balance strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Work with team members to resolve conflicts among resources and between clients and engineering teams.
- Remain apprised of the progress of certain projects, paying particular attention to any developing problems, and participate in major problem resolutions.
- Keep all privileged information private and confidential.
- Be proficient in the latest version of SolidWorks CAD package.
- Travel as-needed (valid driver's license and vehicle required).
- You are a strong communicator, creative thinker, and team player.
- You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
- You are energized by solving tough problems and tackling challenges head on.
COVID-19 Consideration: We require all employees to be fully vaccinated in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, and visitors.
About Goddard: Founded in 1997, Goddard is a full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives. We have offices in Beverly, MA and San Diego, CA. Why you should join us: Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitoring devices to flying cars. On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients' teams. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. On Fridays, the entire Goddard staff gathers at our Beverly headquarters to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you're always supported by the whole team. We care about culture: From our "dress-for-your-day" policy to Beer Tuesdays, we believe in taking care of our teammates.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Please note: Presently, Goddard does not sponsor employment visas.
Staffing Agencies and Recruiters: Goddard, Inc. will not accept resumes from agencies or recruiters with whom we do not have an existing agreement in place. Please do not forward resumes to our management team or any of Goddard, Inc.'s employees. Goddard, Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.