Goddard is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years of experience in product development, mechanical design and engineering to join our team in Beverly, MA.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Lead, advise and assist in the design and execution of all projects from initiation to completion, ensuring on-time submission of deliverables. Work with teams to create mechanical concepts for overall packaging strategies, mechanisms, and parts -all while balancing function, appearance, form and budgetary requirements.
- Work independently with clients or as a lead/team member on larger projects.
- Be a positive and success-oriented individual who is familiar with the latest development/production and rapid-prototype methodologies.
- Manage and facilitate client interactions with clear communication as it relates to deliverables, design reviews and deadlines.
- Work with team members to resolve conflicts among resources and between clients and engineering teams.
- Remain apprised of the progress of certain projects, paying particular attention to any developing problems, and participate in major problem resolutions.
- Communicate to senior management any significant deviations from project plans.
- Coordinate internal team staffing and budget requirements for projects.
- Travel as-needed (valid driver’s license and vehicle required).
- Keep all privileged information private and confidential.
- Be proficient with the latest version of SolidWorks CAD package.
- You are a strong communicator, creative thinker and a team player.
- You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
- You are energized by solving tough problems and tackling challenges head-on.
COVID-19 Consideration: We require all employees to be fully vaccinated in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, and visitors..
About Goddard: Founded in 1997, Goddard is a full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives. We have offices in Beverly, MA and San Diego, CA.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Please note: Presently, Goddard does not sponsor employment visas.
Staffing Agencies and Recruiters: Goddard, Inc. will not accept resumes from agencies or recruiters with whom we do not have an existing agreement in place. Goddard, Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.