Goddard is seeking an Electrical Engineer with 3-4 years of experience to join the new electrical engineering team in our Beverly, MA office.
In this role, we will ask you to:
1. Assist in research, development, design, test, and integration of electronic and electro-mechanical efforts for medical products, consumer products, commercial equipment, and automation systems.
2. Eagerly take on new challenges and work semi-independently.
3. Assist in defining the culture for Goddard’s electrical engineering team.
4. Practice clear and direct communication with management and customers.
5. Assist Senior Engineers with Identifying problems and formulating solutions, collecting data and developing test procedures to prove or dis-prove failures and solutions.
6. Travel as-needed (valid driver’s license and vehicle required).
It would be great if you had experience with:
1. Managing requirements and troubleshooting complex issues
2. Medical device development
3. Experience with motors and controls
4. Designing and developing complex analog and digital electrical systems from concept through to production
5. Embedded Systems Development
6. Firmware development in C/C++
7. Designing wireless devices, antennas, or other RF applications
8. Python, LabView or MATLAB
9. Linux command-line
· You are a strong communicator, creative thinker, and a team player.
· You are looking for an opportunity for professional growth.
· You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
· You are energized by tackling tough challenges.
Founded in 1997, Goddard
is a full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the
design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial
products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers
and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively
impact lives. We have offices in Beverly, MA and San Diego, CA.
Why you should join us:
1. Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
2. On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Friday, the entire Goddard staff gathers at our Beverly headquarters to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you are always supported by the whole team.
3. We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy to Beer Tuesdays, we believe in taking care of our teammates.
We adhere to the highest standards to keep our employees safe, including the implementation of masks and social distancing in our offices. We are also requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, and visitors.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Please note: Presently, Goddard does not sponsor employment visas.
Staffing Agencies and
Goddard, Inc. will not accept resumes from agencies or recruiters with whom we do not have an existing agreement in place. Please do not forward resumes to our management team or any of Goddard, Inc.’s employees. Goddard, Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.