Who We Are ...
Buckle is the inclusive financial services platform serving the rising middle class and gig economy. At Buckle, our purpose is to advocate for gig economy workers and promote financial inclusion. Our vision is to help gig economy workers achieve financial freedom and close the gap that conventional insurance policies create for these gig workers. Here at Buckle, we prioritize our customers and we’re proud to continue helping them achieve better financial freedom to better meet their needs. It’s that kind of dedication that’s helped us more than double in size over the last year. Share our passion for serving the rising middle class and gig economy? We’re Building Buckle and always looking for talented individuals to Buckle up and join our team.
Here’s What We Need ...
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our business. You will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy, with the goal of driving sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. In this role, you are responsible for initiating contact with potential partners to generate business, promote Buckle’s products and services, and identify sales opportunities. You must clearly and convincingly articulate Buckle’s offerings and value proposition and overcome initial resistance from prospects.
Here's Who We Are Looking For ...
Do you like a challenge? Are you a motivated sales hunter who enjoys winning the sale through relationship-building and creative solutions? Look no further! This isn’t your typical Sales position. You will thrive in this role if you are:
- A seasoned sales professional with a hunter mentality
- Skilled at generating your own leads through cold calling, blitzing, research, networking, and driving your territory
- Tenacious and a go-getter with a strong ability to seek out and uncover new business relationships or prospective clients
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Innovative with out of the box thinking
- Someone who has a strong retail network who likes to “hunt” for untapped business opportunities
- Able to roll up their sleeves and sell the value of doing business with Buckle
- Outstanding prior sales record as a business development manager
Your Skills, Training and Work Experience Matter ...
- 5 – 7 years proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive, or relevant role, preferably with a strong retail network
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Formal sales training is strongly preferred
- Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to make a strong sales pitch, connecting across all business lines (i.e., Finance, Marketing, Operations, etc.)
- Effective in persuading, convincing or influencing others
- Able to develop effective long-term professional interactions with others
- Works well under pressure, recovers quickly from setbacks, and remains optimistic and persistent even under adversity
- At Buckle we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Buckle has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position, as well as variable compensation based on your business results.
- In addition, at Buckle our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. Our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) plans, life insurance, leave of absence, and a PTO balance that grows based on years of service. You’ll also be granted time off for designated Buckle Paid Holidays, along with (5) Floating Holidays which may be used for religious or cultural holidays, employee birthdays, or other state or federal holidays during which Buckle Services remains open.
- Buckle is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
To learn more about who we are, visit our website at buckleup.com.