As a Senior Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems and software experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives.
What you will do:
• Design printed circuit board assembly (PCBA), including schematic capture, layout, routing high-speed digital design, and the design of efficient and cost-effective power supply solutions.
• Lead a cross functional team of engineers and Radio Frequency (RF) simulation experts in the architectural definition, and development of printed circuit board assembly for advanced radar modules.
• Drive the appropriate technical tradeoffs to maximize RF performance and achieve bill of materials cost targets for high volume production.
• Execute the bring-up and design verification of the PCBA and radar module to ensure design objectives are met.
• Define guidelines and design rules for PCBA designs that integrate Uhnder’s integrated circuits.
• Drive the technical content for Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) and Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA) at a sensor-level.
• Perform signal and power integrity analysis of designs by utilizing ANSYS/SI Wave and other circuit simulation tools.
• Ensure all mmWave signals are properly designed to ensure minimal insertion loss.
• Design optimum routing and matching structures in PCBs that account for manufacturing and material variations.
• Perform material selection and resulting PCBA layer stack up.
• Perform testability reviews and implement design revisions necessary to ensure resulting PCBA meets test coverage goals.
• Work with internal test and operations engineers to define test hardware, software, and fixture required to produce PCBA’s.
• Responsible for reproducing, determining root cause, and resolving customer failure observations at a sensor level during the development or production stages.
• Perform debugging of PCBA’S and execution of formal qualifications development of DFx plans.
• Resolve issues associated with ethernet, I2C, UART, DDR, and other electrical interfaces used in radar sensors at the PCB/hardware and firmware level.
Experience/ Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering and five (5) years of experience as an Electrical or Hardware Design Engineer
• The five (5) years of experience must have included the design and bring up pf PCBA’s and modules, debugging, and material selection and resulting PCBA layer stack up.