Uhnder is the pioneer of digital imaging radar technologies focused on revolutionizing the world of mobility by offering the best-performing radar sensors, enabling safer mobility for both people and goods. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder has more than 250 employees worldwide, and we’re expanding as we continue to grow in both the automotive and automated mobility segments. Uhnder offices are in St. Louis, MO and Santa Clara, CA; with design centers in Toronto, Canada; Chennai and Bengaluru, India; and Shanghai, China.
Uhnder is the industry’s only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and modules. Uhnder’s radar-on-chip and sensor modules are based on Digital Code Modulation, enabling highest-resolution and highest-contrast digital perception for ADAS, AVs, and logistics automation systems. Our digital imaging radar chip and sensor modules perceive objects that cameras, lidar, traditional analog radar, and the human eye can easily miss due to either poor ambient conditions or performance limitations.
Senior/Principal Engineer – Radar Software
Job Title: Principal Engineer/Sr. Principal Engineer/Distinguished/Fellow
Job Role: Senior/Expert embedded Radar Software
As a Senior/Expert embedded Radar Software Engineer, you'll be an integral part of a small, agile team that supports the CI pipelines and infrastructure used to build, test and release our software. You will be responsible to enhance our automation and tooling to give confidence at all stages of the development life cycle, from code coverage and analysis through to validation of the final software releases.
- Be an individual contributor in designing, developing, and testing embedded software code for digital Radar applications specifically in regard to
o Platform software (boot code, drivers, security)
o Engine software (radar hardware pipeline processing, implementing signal processing algorithms, real time processing, APIs, memory management)
- Mentoring staff to build competence and experience in embedded software
- Assume responsibility for major partitions of our radar processing pipeline such as platform code (e.g., boot, HSM, drivers), radar processing pipeline, CPU subsystem, DSP subsystem, APIs
- Architect, develop and implement code with compliance to ASPICE, MISRA C++ and coding standard requirements
- Debug and diagnose issues in code implemented
- Recommend test cases based on use cases to the SQA team
- Conduct code review
- Mentor junior staff
- Act as expert in area of responsibility
- Document work for compliance to standards such as ISO26262 and ASPICE
- Interact with global experts and maintain a positive network of relationships to be most productive
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MS degree in EE or CS
- At least 15 years embedded hardware and software experience
- Knowledge of ARM codes, Tensilica DSP cores, associated compilers, C++, DSP core intrinsics, IDE and debug tools (e.g, Emulators, Coresight, Lautrebach etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (clarity in communication and documentation skills)
- Ability to cooperate across global sites and develop consensus for implementations
- Willingness and ability to mentor and grow junior staff to senior positions
If you want work in an energized, passionate environment alongside the best in the industry, apply today.
Challenge Convention | Stay Scrappy | Decide through Data | Protect Promises | Be Better
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Uhnder is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.