Uhnder is the pioneer of digital imaging radar technologies focused on revolutionizing the world of mobility by offering the best-performing radar sensors, enabling safer mobility for both people and goods. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder has more than 250 employees worldwide, and we’re expanding as we continue to grow in both the automotive and automated mobility segments. Uhnder offices are in St. Louis, MO and Santa Clara, CA; with design centers in Toronto, Canada; Chennai and Bengaluru, India; and Shanghai, China.
Uhnder is the industry’s only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and modules. Uhnder’s radar-on-chip and sensor modules are based on Digital Code Modulation, enabling highest-resolution and highest-contrast digital perception for ADAS, AVs, and logistics automation systems. Our digital imaging radar chip and sensor modules perceive objects that cameras, lidar, traditional analog radar, and the human eye can easily miss due to either poor ambient conditions or performance limitations.
Senior/Software Engineer– DSP Software
As a DSP SW Engineer, you will join a team of signal processing, systems and software experts to design, implement and deploy the next generation of algorithms for radar signal processing.
- Work with systems and algorithm experts to adapt and finalize reference code implementations in Matlab and C++
- Implement algorithms on embedded solutions and optimize performance on VLIW/SIMD cores for maximum throughput and lowest latency.
- Detail analysis of performance of the algorithms feeding different kinds of test vectors
- Create design, unit test documents for implementation and testing of software features.
- Work closely with systems and test engineers to create test suites and validate implementations against synthetic test cases and real-world data sets.
- Work as part of agile software team to deliver production software that meets ongoing customer needs and comply with ISO9001 and ISO26262
- B.E/B. Tech/M. E/M. Tech/M. S degree in EE/CS with 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Expert programmer in C/C++ and Matlab
- Expertise in optimization of performance on embedded VLIW/SIMD DSPs e.g., Tensilica Vision or similar vector processors.
- Expertise in programming of on-chip data movement accelerator.
- Expertise with system level performance optimization using techniques by (re)placing performance critical code / data section in the appropriate memory sections
- Experience in signal processing algorithm design and implementation
- Experience in multimedia, communication or similar high-complexity and performance-critical domain
- Experience in Agile development delivering results in a dynamic collaborative environment
If you want work in an energized, passionate environment alongside the best in the industry, apply today.
Challenge Convention | Stay Scrappy | Decide through Data | Protect Promises | Be Better
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Uhnder is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.