Uhnder is the pioneer of digital imaging radar technologies focused on revolutionizing the world of mobility by offering the best-performing radar sensors, enabling safer mobility for both people and goods. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder has more than 250 employees worldwide, and we’re expanding as we continue to grow in both the automotive and automated mobility segments. Uhnder offices are in St. Louis, MO and Santa Clara, CA; with design centers in Toronto, Canada; Chennai and Bengaluru, India; and Shanghai, China.
Uhnder is the industry’s only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and modules. Uhnder’s radar-on-chip and sensor modules are based on Digital Code Modulation, enabling highest-resolution and highest-contrast digital perception for ADAS, AVs, and logistics automation systems. Our digital imaging radar chip and sensor modules perceive objects that cameras, lidar, traditional analog radar, and the human eye can easily miss due to either poor ambient conditions or performance limitations.
Senior/Staff Engineer – Sensor (Radar) SW
As Sensor Software Engineer (Radar), you will join a team of software, systems, and signal processing experts to develop, validate, qualify, and release production software for automotive and other vertical applications.
What you’ll be doing (Essential Functions):
- Work closely with hardware, systems, and software engineers to produce software which drives different processing units of a complex sensor SoC.
- Produce Software for Pre-tape-out verification of hardware features on simulation and emulation platforms, as well as silicon bringup.
- Design and Implement software to interact with special-purpose custom hardware blocks and schedule the processing of multiple hardware blocks with emphasis on performance and modularity.
- Work with device drivers and operating system of System-On-Chip to realize full software stack for intended end-usecases.
- Work as part of agile software team to deliver production software that meets ongoing customer needs and comply with ISO9001 and ISO26262
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
- B.E/B. Tech/M. E/M. Tech/MS degree in EE/CS with ~8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in multimedia, signal processing, communication or similar high- complexity and performance-critical domain
- Proven success in sensor driver design, implementation and production deployment
- Seasoned BSP developer on embedded SoCs (ARM, DSPs) on baremetal environment
- Good to have exposure to RTOS driver development
- Expert in C/C++ embedded low-level hardware programming
- Strong in Python, csh/bash scripting
- Strong in Agile project execution
- Experience delivering results in a dynamic collaborative environment
If you want work in an energized, passionate environment alongside the best in the industry, apply today.
Challenge Convention | Stay Scrappy | Decide through Data | Protect Promises | Be Better
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Uhnder is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.