Uhnder is the industry’s only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and modules. Uhnder’s radar-on-chip and sensor modules are based on Digital Code Modulation, enabling highest-resolution and highest-contrast digital perception for ADAS, AVs, and logistics automation systems. Our digital imaging radar chip and sensor modules perceive objects that cameras, lidar, traditional analog radar, and the human eye can easily miss due to either poor ambient conditions or performance limitations.
Senior/Software Engineer - Platform Software (SoC)
As a Platform Software (Firmware) Engineer, you will join a team of signal processing, systems and software experts to develop bootloader, board support software, embedded operating system optimization, peripheral device drivers, for Uhnder SOCs & radar systems, including special-purpose custom hardware pipelines.
What you’ll be doing (Essential Functions):
- Develop low-level drivers for communication interfaces like I2C, UART, SPI, CAN and ethernet, system peripherals and DDR, flash, and OTP memory subsystems.
- Develop HAL and middleware to support various SoCs
- Develop and validate ROM code and bootloader for ARM powered SoCs
- Develop and validate AES. SHA and RSA security protocols
- Develop, optimize and test BSPs for various SoC platforms
- Support board bring-up of new SoC platforms
- Work with hardware, systems, and product engineering teams to develop and deliver test suites for validation, quality assurance, and manufacturing of systems
- Experience in Agile development delivering results in a dynamic collaborative environment
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered.
- BS degree in EE/CS with 3-8 years of relevant industry experience in bare metal/RTOS/Linux software development
- Expertise in ARM architecture know-how and assembly language programming
- Expertise in baremetal / RTOS development experience in embedded C/C++ programming
- Hands-on experience in device driver and kernel level programming in RTOS / Linux
- Expert in root cause analysis and SoC debugging preferably GDB, OpenOCD based JTAG debugger
- Hands on experience in chip bringup
- Hands on experience in scripting, preferably in python or shell
- Linux application development and debugging
- Experience in automotive radar system software
- Automotive/Safety/Compliance/Certification experience
If you want work in an energized, passionate environment alongside the best in the industry, apply today.
Challenge Convention | Stay Scrappy | Decide through Data | Protect Promises | Be Better
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Uhnder is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.