Uhnder is the pioneer of digital imaging radar technologies focused on revolutionizing the world of mobility by offering the best-performing radar sensors, enabling safer mobility for both people and goods. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder has more than 250 employees worldwide, and we’re expanding as we continue to grow in both the automotive and automated mobility segments. Uhnder offices are in St. Louis, MO and Santa Clara, CA; with design centers in Toronto, Canada; Chennai and Bengaluru, India; and Shanghai, China.
Uhnder is the industry’s only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and modules. Uhnder’s radar-on-chip and sensor modules are based on Digital Code Modulation, enabling highest-resolution and highest-contrast digital perception for ADAS, AVs, and logistics automation systems. Our digital imaging radar chip and sensor modules perceive objects that cameras, lidar, traditional analog radar, and the human eye can easily miss due to either poor ambient conditions or performance limitations.
Senior/Software Engineer - Functional Safety
As a Functional Safety Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems and software to develop software that translates the functional safety concept and architecture of a state-of-the-art sensor into a production grade implementation that can enable the sensor to achieve its safety goals.
What you’ll be doing (Essential Functions):
- Develop software that translates existing Functional Safety architecture into production-ready software that can be tested on SoC platforms that are under development.
- Participate in developing software FMEA, and ISO26262 compliance reviews of relevant software.
- Work closely with hardware engineers on pre-tape-out verification on simulation and emulation platforms, as well as silicon bring-up, debug and optimization
- Work as part of agile software team to deliver production software that meet ongoing customer needs and comply with standards such as ISO 26262 and MISRA
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered.
- B.E/B.Tech degree in CSE/ECE/EEE/IT with 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Expert in C/C++ embedded low-level bare-metal programming, scripting, and Python
- Proven success in embedded software design, implementation, and production deployment
- Experience in multimedia, communication or similar high-complexity and performance-critical domain
- Experience in Agile development delivering results in a dynamic collaborative environment
If you want work in an energized, passionate environment alongside the best in the industry, apply today.
Challenge Convention | Stay Scrappy | Decide through Data | Protect Promises | Be Better
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Uhnder is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.