Uhnder is the pioneer of digital imaging radar technologies focused on revolutionizing the world of mobility by offering the best-performing radar sensors, enabling safer mobility for both people and goods. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder has more than 250 employees worldwide, and we’re expanding as we continue to grow in both the automotive and automated mobility segments. Uhnder offices are in St. Louis, MO and Santa Clara, CA; with design centers in Toronto, Canada; Chennai and Bengaluru, India; and Shanghai, China.
Uhnder is the industry’s only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and modules. Uhnder’s radar-on-chip and sensor modules are based on Digital Code Modulation, enabling highest-resolution and highest-contrast digital perception for ADAS, AVs, and logistics automation systems. Our digital imaging radar chip and sensor modules perceive objects that cameras, lidar, traditional analog radar, and the human eye can easily miss due to either poor ambient conditions or performance limitations.
Senior/Software Engineer – Sensor Validation
What you’ll be doing (Essential Functions):
As a Sensor Validation Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed- signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies.
- Developing validation solutions for radar sensors, which includes identifying and defining requirements for test hardware necessary to validate sensors and test new features (mechanical platforms, test equipment, etc.)
- Debugging test setups including issues with test PCBs, software, firmware, and test equipment
- Writing tests to exercise and validate various areas/functionality of a sensor for bring-up, testing, and debugging
- Interfacing with the Hardware, Applications, and Software Teams to confirm expectations and understanding of chip operation and ensure validation requirements are met
- Creating documentation such as test plans, test reports, how-to guides, and best practices
- Participating in design reviews and driving DFM and DFT requirements
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered.
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech in EE with 3+ years of experience in system validation or a similar role.
- Ability to interpret PCB schematics and layouts
- Strong hardware debugging skills
- Experience with high-speed I/O (DDR4, RGMII, etc) and DC/DC power supplies
- Experience with testing of radar systems is preferred
- Experience with standard lab equipment (power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.)
- Strong C/C++ and Python programming skills
- Understanding of silicon design fundamentals
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.
If you want work in an energized, passionate environment alongside the best in the industry, apply today.
Challenge Convention | Stay Scrappy | Decide through Data | Protect Promises | Be Better
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Uhnder is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.