Uhnder is the pioneer of digital imaging radar technologies focused on revolutionizing the world of mobility by offering the best-performing radar sensors, enabling safer mobility for both people and goods. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder has more than 250 employees worldwide, and we’re expanding as we continue to grow in both the automotive and automated mobility segments. Uhnder offices are in St. Louis, MO and Santa Clara, CA; with design centers in Toronto, Canada; Chennai and Bengaluru, India; and Shanghai, China.
Uhnder is the industry’s only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and modules. Uhnder’s radar-on-chip and sensor modules are based on Digital Code Modulation, enabling highest-resolution and highest-contrast digital perception for ADAS, AVs, and logistics automation systems. Our digital imaging radar chip and sensor modules perceive objects that cameras, lidar, traditional analog radar, and the human eye can easily miss due to either poor ambient conditions or performance limitations.
Senior/Staff Engineer – Digital Design
As an experienced Digital Design Engineer, you will join a team of digital architecture, design and verification experts in the architecture/design and verification of a complex System-on-Chip (SoC) with extensive Signal Radar Processing. We are looking for a self-driven individual who can work well with architects, HW, and SW developers to quickly resolve blocking issues.
What you’ll be doing (Essential Functions):
- Design of high throughput Signal Processing Blocks (from MATLAB model to full digital design) in Verilog or System Verilog
- Work with Systems, Analog, and Digital team members to debug failures, manage bug tracking, and achieve the high code, functional and system level coverage needed for automotive products
- Creating design documentation for internal and customer use
- Hold detailed design reviews
- Integrate 3rd party IP
- Work as part of an agile Digital team to ensure first silicon success
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MS degree in EE/CS with more than 10 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in ASIC Design of SoC and Digital Signal Processing Blocks
- Design of high performance, high throughput digital designs
- Signal processing pipeline design
- Optimization of arithmetic operations for power
- Experience with System Performance Analysis and debugging system level issues
- Experience with ISO 26262 Functional Safety
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to be a team player
- Willingness and drive to take on diverse challenges
- MATLAB experience is a plus
- Programming experience in C/C++ is a plus
If you want work in an energized, passionate environment alongside the best in the industry, apply today.
Challenge Convention | Stay Scrappy | Decide through Data | Protect Promises | Be Better
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Uhnder is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.