Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in Canada, India and China.
Using a combination of advanced CMOS and Digital Code Modulation (DCM) technology to deliver the industry’s first digital automotive Radar-On-Chip (ROC), Uhnder’s approach and technology is transforming the automotive industry by changing the way radars work with significant improvements in performance with the additional benefits of smaller size, lower power and cost.
As a Embedded Software Engineer, you will join the RADAR Software Development team and collaborate cross-functionally with a diverse group of experts in Systems, Signal Processing Digital and Analog RFIC design. The goal is to deliver production ready software for automotive and other vertical applications.
Established in October 2021, the Uhnder Design Center in Canada is based in downtown Toronto, Ontario, within walking distance from Union Station.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Software Development:
o Collaborate closely with hardware, systems and software engineers to develop software which drives various processing units of a complex sensor SoC;
o Design and Develop software according to QM standards for production grade systems, including validation enablement;
o Work on calibration, proof of concept, and production embedded software
· Design Validation: Develop and perform lab measurements and create a validation report with comparisons vs design expectations for Uhnder RADAR
· Test and Measurement: Design and implement in both hardware and software custom test benches used for product verification.
· Functional & Performance Characterization: Measure, analyze, report and document evidence of adherence to product requirements.
· Collaborate effectively with cross-functional experts in Analog Design, Digital Design, Hardware, System, Functional Safety and Software Engineering disciplines
· Self-starter mentality with strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Passionate about learning new concepts and technologies.
Required Education and Experience:
· BS/MS degree in EE/CS with ~5 years of relevant experience
· Experience in multimedia, signal processing, communication or similar high-complexity and performance-critical domain
· Proven success in Software development for driving Sensors
· Seasoned BSP developer on embedded SoCs (ARM, DSPs) on baremetal environment
· Expert in C/C++ embedded low-level hardware programming
· Strong in Python, csh/bash scripting and MATLAB
· Strong in Agile project execution
· Good to have exposure to RTOS driver development
· Experience delivering results in a dynamic collaborative environment