Job role: Functional Safety Architect - Radar
Work Location: Chennai/Bangalore
Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China. MulticoreWare is facilitating the Uhnder operations in India.
Using a combination of advanced CMOS and Digital Code Modulation (DCM) technology to deliver the industry’s first digital automotive Radar-On-Chip (ROC), Uhnder’s approach and technology is transforming the automotive industry by changing the way radars work with significant improvements in performance with the additional benefits of smaller size, lower power and cost.
As a Functional Safety Architect – Radar (f/m/d), you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems and software experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives.
- Responsible for driving the safety architecture for radar sensors: Fault TreeAnalysis (FTA), Failure Mode & Effect Diagnostic Analysis (FMEDA) & DependentFailure Analysis (DFA). Hands on usage of Ansys Medini is a plus.
- Draft specifications of functional safety requirements; functional safetyconcepts; develop safety mechanisms, in accordance with ISO 26262
- Support R&D teams concerning functional safety requirements, architecture and implementation, as well as work as a consultant for sales and Customer support team on Automotive customer projects from the system engineering and functional safety points of view
- Identifying technical risks during Radar product development and testing
- Coordination/supporting during functional safety audit and assessments
Required Education and Experience:
- M.Sc.(Eng.) or Ph.D. degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or comparable education.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience, preferable in leading automotive (OEM, Tier-1) company, aerospace or semiconductor vendor.
- Hands-on experience with designing and verifying functional safety systems in automotive, aerospace or military, with successful contributions on the definition, plan, and deployment of functional safety strategies and system architectures of commercial products
- Experience in designing embedded systems, particularly HW design.
- Knowledge on deployment of relevant safety standards/methods i.e. IEC 61508, ISO 26262
- Understanding of trends in autonomous driving standardization such as SOTIF
- Experience with AUTOSAR and ASPICE are highly beneficial
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity inherent in developing new technologies in a fast-growing start-up company environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills spanning technical contributors, business stakeholders, and senior management