This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of networks including hardware and cloud resources. This position provides for an optional remote work schedule to allow for 2-3 days per week outside of the office.
- Responsible for tier 2 incoming IT tickets.
- Administrator for Office 365 / Microsoft Exchange.
- Administrator for Linux based VMware servers / VMware vCenter.
- Administrator for firewalls and NUCs.
- Monitor systems performance, overseeing backend infrastructure and Storage Area Networks.
- Responsible for daily back-ups to the cloud.
- Responsible for creating and managing a DR/BC plan.
- Administrator for Remote Access Applications.
- Configures and maintains network equipment.
- Oversees network security, Antivirus/Endpoint Protection management.
- Manage updates, patches and security on hardware and software application.
- Manage and support two-factor authentication systems.
- Keep operational documents up to date.
- Scan infrastructure for vulnerabilities and remediate when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of Windows Servers to include DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LDAP, HTTPS, and SMTP.
- Expert knowledge in VOIP, VLANs, routing protocols, ARP, NAT, TCP/IP and UDP.
- Expert knowledge in IPv4 and IPv6 addressing management.
- Expert knowledge in encryption, key management, TLS, and SSL.
- Expert knowledge of VMware and virtualized environments.
- Expert knowledge of endpoint protection.
- Experience working with enterprise networking hardware (Firewall/Switches/Routers/Wi-Fi).
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure technologies, like AWS or Azure.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- On call and weekend duties as needed.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information System preferred or equivalent relevant experience
- 4+ years of network experience or consulting role
- Candidate should hold active/current certifications in networking