Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China.
As Radar Systems Engineer, you will join a team with cross-functional expertise in systems, software, digital, analog and RFIC design to deliver in-house and partner-enabled applications that demonstrate the value and differentiation of Uhnder products and technology.
- Develop test plans for Engineering Validation Test (EVT) & Design Validation Test (DVT) of mmWave radar sensors for digitally coded modulation technology for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions.
- Apply knowledge of microwave theory and techniques to test radar sensor modules and equipment, including signal generators and spectrum and vector network analyzers.
- Perform test calibration and de-embedding for both waveguide and probed measurements.
- Capture and analyze radar and sensor data collected during the sensor characterization process and develop validation reports of data analysis.
- Work within the lab station and provide initial debug of radar sensors to assist mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and remote engineers to replicate and further analyze issues with the radar sensors.
- Maintain the characterization and automation lab for radar sensor testing and validation.
- Support initial builds and assembly of radar sensors for characterization and validation purposes.
- Perform testing and characterization of mmWave antenna sub-assemblies.
- Develop antenna configurations for new antenna designs.
- Perform quality control, calibration, EVT and DVT, and debug of production radars with remote staff.
- Mentor and guide remote staff of junior engineers regarding proper testing and calibration of radar systems.
- Provide support and application notes, and review engineering documentation as required by Marketing, and Research and Development.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and two (2) years of experience developing algorithms and data processing methods to analyze radio frequency data. Alternatively, we will accept a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and one (1) year of experience developing algorithms and data processing methods to analyze radio frequency data.