Uhnder is seeking an Electrical/Computer Engineer to join the IC Validation team in Austin, TX to develop tests for post-silicon validation and assist with new silicon bring-up. As an IC Validation Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies. This position is located in Austin, TX and may be filled at multiple levels depending on experience.
Job responsibilities include
· Defining requirements for IC-level test systems, including electrical and mechanical hardware, software, and algorithms.
· Developing test stations and software systems for initial bring-up through final performance measurements.
· Executing test plans, leading other team members, interpreting, and presenting results
· Writing Python tests to exercise and validate various areas/functionality of a chip (memory, high-speed busses, timers, radio blocks, etc.).
· Developing low-level firmware drivers and firmware tests for post-silicon validation and new silicon bring-up and in support of the design teams.
· Interfacing with the Hardware, Applications, and Software Teams to confirm expectations and understanding of chip operation and ensure validation requirements are met.
· Creating documentation such as test plans, test reports, how-to guides, and best practices.
· Mentoring and assisting in the development of other employees.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· A minimum of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 2-10 years’ experience
· Hands-on laboratory experience with either common digital systems (DDR4, SPI, I2C, etc), RF and wireless, or high-performance analog products
· Experience with Python and C/C++ scripting
· Experience with PCB schematic design (Altium preferred)
· Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.