Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar-on-Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digital Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, Uhnder’s main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, with design facilities in India and China.
Uhnder’s approach and technology is transforming the automotive industry by changing the way radars work with significant improvements in performance and the additional benefits of smaller size and lower power and cost.
As an AMS Verification Engineer, you will verify the design and implementation of the complex Analog/RF subsystems. In this position, you will be a member of the AMS verification team responsible for all aspects of the verification of the functionality of these complex designs spanning : Circuit uArchitecture, Functionality across multiple frequency ranges, power modes and power management, etc.
- Creation and execution of verification plans from internal specifications, external IP, and in coordination with architects and designers for Analog/RF functions
- Creation of higher-level models compatible with a range of simulation solutions
- Creation and deployment of automated flows for block and chip level verification and coverage analysis
- Develop Verilog, System Verilog, and UVM test environments, including analog component models and external components/models
- Develop and monitor budgets for power consumption and the strategies for configuring and monitoring functional power modes.
- Work with Analog and Digital team members to debug failures, manage bug tracking, and achieve the high code, functional and system level coverage needed for automotive products
- Hold detailed verification reviews and set standards for coding quality
- Test planning development and regression setup using either Python/Perl/Tcl scripts
- Planning, execution, and debug of simulation regression suites for functional, DFT verification and power analysis
- Plan, develop, and deploy FPGA-compatible modeling strategies for the Analog/RF modules.
- Work closely on pre-tape-out verification using simulation and emulation platforms, as well as silicon bring-up, debug, and optimization
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in EE/CS with ~8 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with AMS verification solutions at different levels of abstraction
- Solid verification skills in problem solving and debugging
- Experience in working with multi-site development teams
- Proven success in AMS verification
- Experience with industry standard AMS verification tools
- Experience writing scripts in Perl/Python
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to be a team player
- Willingness and drive to take on diverse challenges
- Exposure to ISO 26262 Functional Safety verification is a plus
- Experience with FPGA based verification/development with Protium is a plus
- Matlab experience is a plus
- Experience with System Verilog Assertions (SVA) is a plus
- Programming experience in C/C++ is a plus