Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China.
As a Staff/Principal Analog Subsytem Control/Config/Calibration/Interface Engineer you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems and software experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives. You will focus on leading the development of customized solutions for controlling, configuring, calibrating and interfacing with the critical Analog/RF subsystems. This role will start with a system-level understanding of the requirements in each of these areas followed by development of Specs/Requirements and then driving the design, verification and implementation of the solutions. The role is expected to touch on virtually every aspect of the design flow from high-level specs down to GDS-level implementation and validation on-silicon.
· Developing solutions for configuration strategies to support the per-block configuration requirements of each different class of analog/RF IP.
· Developing strategies having automated HW support for the calibration of key sub-blocks.
· Development of automated test capabilities that can be utilized both during production test and also during operation in-the-field.
· Developing strategies for support Functional Safety monitors that automatically flag issues that appear during operation that may cause safety violations.
· Developing robust solutions for the need to transfer data across the high-speed interfaces between the analog/digital domains.
· Developing the timing validation approaches required for the digital/analog interfaces involved with these areas.
· Spec’ing, developing and support design tools/flows required for the types of semi-custom design/analysis activities required by these solutions.
· Ability to create software / firmware specifications and requirements and to efficiently interface with the software team
· Ability to develop the low-level driver software necessary to operate the designed digital systems.
Required Education and Experience:
· BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred
· 10 or more years of relevant industry experience
· Good communication skills
· Fluent in English
· Experience with advanced process node designs.
· Automotive experience a plus
· Experience with ISO 26262 a plus