Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China.
As a Staff/Principal Power Engineer you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems and software experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives. You will participate in all power related aspects of the RoC designs : Optimization of functional-mode power consumption, power grid construction alternatives, support for power gating at both the functional/RTL and physical levels, strategies for enabling dynamic voltage management, PDN noise and reliability analysis across all levels of the system, clocking strategies for optimizing run time power as well as dynamic power transients, Power Intent definitions and support through all aspects of the design flow.
· Overall Power Methodology leadership
· Technology evaluation relative to power distribution and consumption requirements
· Chip floorplan strategies for enabling aggressive power management features
· Working closely with the system architecture and RoC design team to define power management and optimization strategies
· Evaluating clock tree construction and implementation strategies for power related tradeoffs
· Working with the DFT team to optimize the DFT architectures to provide effective test-time power management strategies.
· Defining power grid structures, implementing and validating the results against IR/EM targets.
· Driving the PDN analysis tools during all phases of the design process.
Required Education and Experience:
· BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred
· 10 or more years of relevant industry experience
· Good communication skills
· Fluent in English
· Experience with advanced process node designs.
· Automotive experience a plus
Experience with ISO 26262 a plus