Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China.
As a Senior Physical Design Engineer you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems and software experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives. You will focus on leading the implementation of the RoC chips with an emphasis on the all aspects of the digital P&R flows : floorplanning, power grid construction, CTS, placement guidance, timing optimization and full design closure through DRC/LVS/ERC.
· Overall Physical Design Methodology leadership.
· Technology evaluation and IP Performance/Power/Area optimization studies.
· Chip floorplan definition and exploration
· Working closely with the RTL team to define placement guidance and strategies for meeting PPA objectives
· Evaluating clock tree construction and implementation strategies and optimizing the CTS flow to achieve the best QoR
· Working with the DFT team to optimize the DFT architectures and insertion flows to achieve the best results while minimizing overhead.
· Defining power grid structures, implementing and validating the results against IR/EM targets.
· Driving the P&R tools through full iterations to evaluate PPA tradeoffs and insure robust design targets early in the projects.
· Optimizing the final design to meet the full range of timing closure requirements across all PVT corners and operating modes.
· Closing out all DRC/LVS/ERC issues identified by the Physical Verification tools.
Required Education and Experience:
· BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred
· 10 or more years of relevant industry experience
· Good communication skills
· Fluent in English
· Experience with advanced process node designs.
· Automotive experience a plus
· Experience with ISO 26262 a plus