Uhnder is seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager to join the Hardware Systems team in Austin, TX. As Electrical Engineering Manager, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies. This position is located in Austin, TX.
Job responsibilities include:
· Lead worldwide PCB and system design efforts for mm-wave sensor products and internal test hardware
· Define design guidelines which meet automotive and industrial reliability requirements
· Drive planning and execution of radar design initiatives
· Collaborate with other technical and functional leaders to define product requirements
· Represent the design team in technical discussions with key customers.
· Be a leader in driving issues and challenges as part of team mission
· Develop and implement necessary processes for team
· Grow team to meet increasing workloads
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· BSEE or equivalent, MSEE preferred
· 10 years experience with the design and bring up of complex PCBA’s and systems
· 5 years of management experience leading design teams, preferably with global teams
· Automotive design experience highly desired
· Exposure to automotive Functional Safety requirements is highly desired
· EMI/EMC best practices experience
· Proficiency in PCB design tools such as Altium and Allegro.
· Experience planning, documenting, and driving projects to completion
· Strong hardware debugging skills
· Understanding of silicon design fundamentals
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
· Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.