Uhnder is the leader in digital imaging radar technologies for automotive and next-generation mobility applications. Based on Digital Code Modulation (DCM), Uhnder's fully software-defined radar-on-chip (RoC) and sensor modules enable highest-resolution digital perception for ADAS, AV, and logistics automation systems. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder is the only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and systems.
Uhnder is seeking a Sensor Validation Manager to join the Validation team in Austin. As a Sensor Validation Manager, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies. This position is located in Austin, TX and may be filled at multiple levels depending on experience.
Job responsibilities include:
· Leading worldwide validation efforts for Uhnder’s cutting-edge radar sensor systems.
· Developing validation solutions for radar sensors, which includes identifying and defining requirements for test hardware necessary to validate sensors and test new features (electrical and mechanical platforms, test equipment, etc.)
· Debugging test setups including issues with test PCBs, software, firmware, and test equipment
· Drive planning and execution of radar validation initiatives which meet automotive and industrial reliability requirements
· Interfacing with the Hardware, Applications, and Software Teams to confirm expectations and understanding of system operation and ensure validation requirements are met
· Creating documentation such as test plans, test reports, how-to guides, and best practices
· Participating in design reviews and driving DFM and DFT requirements
· Develop and implement necessary processes for team
· Grow team to meet increasing workloads
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· BSEE or equivalent, MSEE preferred
· 10 years experience with the design and/or testing of complex PCBA’s and systems
· 5 years of management experience leading testing teams, preferably with global teams
· Automotive experience highly desired
· Experience with high-speed, high-reliability systems is required
· Experience with testing of radar systems is preferred
· Exposure to automotive Functional Safety requirements is highly desired
· Experience with regulatory compliance is highly desired
· Experience planning, documenting, and driving projects to completion
· Strong hardware debugging skills
· Python programming skills are desired
· Strong statistical analysis skills
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
· Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.