Uhnder is the leader in digital imaging radar technologies for automotive and next-generation mobility applications. Based on Digital Code Modulation (DCM), Uhnder's fully software-defined radar-on-chip (RoC) and sensor modules enable highest-resolution digital perception for ADAS, AV, and logistics automation systems. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder is the only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and systems.
Uhnder is seeking a Sensor Validation Engineer to join the Validation team in Austin, TX to develop tests for sensor validation and assist with sensor bring-up. As a Sensor Validation Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies. This position is located in Austin, TX and may be filled at multiple levels depending on experience.
Job responsibilities include:
· Developing validation solutions for radar sensors, which includes identifying and defining requirements for test hardware necessary to validate sensors and test new features (mechanical platforms, test equipment, etc.)
· Debugging test setups including issues with test PCBs, software, firmware, and test equipment
· Writing tests to exercise and validate various areas/functionality of a sensor for bring-up, testing, and debugging
· Interfacing with the Hardware, Applications, and Software Teams to confirm expectations and understanding of chip operation and ensure validation requirements are met
· Creating documentation such as test plans, test reports, how-to guides, and best practices
· Participating in design reviews and driving DFM and DFT requirements
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· BSEE or equivalent
· At least 2 years of experience in system validation or a similar role
· Ability to interpret PCB schematics and layouts
· Strong hardware debugging skills
· Experience with high-speed I/O (DDR4, RGMII, etc) and DC/DC power supplies
· Experience with testing of radar systems is preferred
· Experience with standard lab equipment (power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.)
· Strong C/C++ and Python programming skills
· Understanding of silicon design fundamentals
· Strong MS Excel skills
· Strong statistical analysis skills
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
· Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.