Uhnder is the leader in digital imaging radar technologies for automotive and next-generation mobility applications. Based on Digital Code Modulation (DCM), Uhnder's fully software-defined radar-on-chip (RoC) and sensor modules enable highest-resolution digital perception for ADAS, AV, and logistics automation systems. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder is the only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and systems.
Uhnder is seeking a Mechanical Lab Technician to join the Hardware Systems team in Austin, TX. As a Mechanical Lab Technician, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies. This position is located in Austin, TX and may be filled at multiple levels depending on experience.
Job responsibilities include:
· Conduct mechanical engineering related testing, machining, purchasing, and troubleshooting of electromechanical parts and assemblies
· Perform environmental tests on electronic and electromechanical devices in accordance with UL, CSA, IEC and governmental standards Interpret test results, perform data analysis and create written reports.
· Assist in the selection and procurement of supplies.
· Assist in the construction of specialized test fixtures and equipment.
· Test, maintain and evaluate mechanical lab equipment.
· Fabricate prototypes using traditional fabrication techniques as well as 3D printing and other rapid prototyping technologies.
· Perform troubleshooting and modification of existing sensors, test jigs/brackets, and other electromechanical related parts and assemblies.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· Minimum 2 years’ experience as a technician or experience working in a machine shop.
· Ability to troubleshoot electromechanical assemblies.
· Ability to conduct basic electromechanical related testing.
· Experience building wooden structures.
· Hands-on experience with machine shop equipment (mill, lathe, bandsaw, and hand tools).
· Experience with 3D printing and other prototype techniques.
· Knowledge of Handling ESD Protected Material.
· Trained in the use of proper PPE practices.
· High school graduate, college level course work preferred.
· Experience with Python to control electromechanical assemblies and test fixtures is preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
· Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.