Uhnder is the leader in digital imaging radar technologies for automotive and next-generation mobility applications. Based on Digital Code Modulation (DCM), Uhnder's fully software-defined radar-on-chip (RoC) and sensor modules enable highest-resolution digital perception for ADAS, AV, and logistics automation systems. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder is the only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and systems.
Uhnder is seeking a Sr. Lab Technician to join the Hardware Systems team in Austin, TX. As a Sr. Lab Technician, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies. This position is located in Austin, TX and may be filled at multiple levels depending on experience.
Job responsibilities include:
· Prototyping and debugging circuits and mechanical systems
· Managing equipment calibration through outside vendors
· Setup and maintenance of lab facilities
· Radar module assembly and testing
· Chip / IC testing
· Production recordkeeping, database management
· Part and equipment procurement
· Logistics coordination of builds and deployments
· Mentorship of younger technicians and contractors
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent with minimum 7 years of electronics or research laboratory experience
· Expert surface mount soldering and rework skills
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Strong working knowledge of standard electronics lab equipment usage, maintenance, and repair
· Comfortable reading schematics and PCB layouts as part of board debugging and modification
· Proven track record as a self-starter, capable of independent work
· Computer skills (Excel, Word, Jira, Confluence, Linux preferred)
· Python programming experience a plus
· Light mechanical prototyping skills
· Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.