Uhnder is the leader in digital imaging radar technologies for automotive and next-generation mobility applications. Based on Digital Code Modulation (DCM), Uhnder's fully software-defined radar-on-chip (RoC) and sensor modules enable highest-resolution digital perception for ADAS, AV, and logistics automation systems. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder is the only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and systems.
Uhnder is seeking a Document Control Specialist / Designer / Drafter to join the Hardware Systems team in Austin, TX. As a Document Control Specialist / Designer / Drafter, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies. This position is located in Austin, TX and may be filled at multiple levels depending on experience.
Job responsibilities include:
· Manages the operation of document control. Ensures accuracy and conformance with approved internal requirements.
· Provides training to cross functional groups on Product Lifecycle Management related to Documentation Control.
· Creates, analyzes, and manages all engineering and manufacturing changes (ECR, ECO, MCO, Deviations, New Part Requests, New manufacturers, etc.).
· Manages standard operation process (SOP) SharePoint, a dependable and user- friendly system that defines, stores, shares and easily manages department processes that everyone involved will have access information.
· Creates and maintains Document Control procedures as needed to reflect policy and procedural changes.
· Conducts periodic audits of document control system.
· Manages creation of new vendors and parts, attaching vendor documentation, RoHS and REACH documentation.
· Supports project managers and engineers in creating and maintaining BOM and ECO revisions in ERP system.
· Provides drafting and design support (using Solidworks) for new and ongoing engineering projects.
· Prepares 2D drawings of parts and assemblies based on existing 3D designs and provided mark-ups.
· Creates, checks, and verifies 3D assembly structures and BOMs for accuracy and supports related ECO/ECR’s entry and data release in PLM system (SVN).
· Creates new basic designs using engineering directions.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· 5+yrs experience with PLM required.
· 3+yrs of related experience in mechanical drafting/design field.
· 3+yrs of related experience in PCB doc control management is preferred
· 3D CAD package knowledge, Solidworks software preferred.
· Understands 3D model structure, creation of corresponding 2D files, dimensioning, BOM preparation and review.
· Motivated and well organized in their work product.
· GD&T experience.
· ANSI and ASME drafting standards knowledge and experience.
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
· Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.
· Additional preferred qualifications
o Solidworks user.
o Altium and Cadence knowledge/experience.
o ISO/ANSI quality management experience.
o Basic Engineering Technician skill set, mechanical assembly, and testing.
o Technical writer experience.
o Experience with generating manuals and spec sheets