Uhnder is the leader in digital imaging radar technologies for automotive and next-generation mobility applications. Based on Digital Code Modulation (DCM), Uhnder's fully software-defined radar-on-chip (RoC) and sensor modules enable highest-resolution digital perception for ADAS, AV, and logistics automation systems. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder is the only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and systems.
Uhnder is seeking a Compliance Engineer to join the Hardware Systems team in Austin, TX. As a Compliance Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies. This position is located in Austin, TX and may be filled at multiple levels depending on experience.
Job responsibilities include:
· Ensuring the ability of sensor modules to pass electromagnetic compliance (ex. EMC/EMI, ESD, FCC, ETSI/RED) for automotive applications as well as other customer-defined applications.
· Ensuring the ability of sensor modules to pass mechanical compliance (ex. IPC67, shock/vibe) for automotive as well as customer-defined applications.
· Interfacing with internal groups to ensure all aspects of compliance testing is planned and achieved.
· Interfacing with external test labs for both preliminary and final compliance testing.
· Creating documentation such as test plans, test reports, how-to guides, and best practices
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· A minimum of BSEE or related degree
· 4+ years of experience with regulatory compliance
· Hands-on experience with electromagnetic compliance testing and debugging is a must
· Experience testing intentional radiators
· Experience testing mm-wave devices is a plus
· Experience in submissions to FCC, ISED, CE and other regulatory bodies
· Experience with automotive EMC testing is a plus
· Knowledge of and exposure to mechanical compliance testing
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
· Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.