Work Location: Chennai/Bangalore
Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China. MulticoreWare is facilitating the setup of Uhnder India.
Using a combination of advanced CMOS and Digital Code Modulation (DCM) technology to deliver the industry’s first digital automotive Radar-On-Chip (ROC), Uhnder’s approach and technology is transforming the automotive industry by changing the way radars work with significant improvements in performance with the additional benefits of smaller size, lower power and cost.
As a DSP Staff Engineer, you will join a team of signal processing, systems and software experts to design, implement and deploy the next generation of algorithms for radar signal processing.
- Lead a team of talented DSP software engineers by setting benchmark with individual technical contribution
- Manage Sprint planning, monitor execution and increase productivity of the team by taking corrective actions
- Work with systems and algorithm experts to adapt and finalize reference code implementations in Matlab and C++
- Implement algorithms on embedded solutions and optimize performance on VLIW/SIMD cores for maximum throughput and lowest latency
- Work closely with systems and test engineers to create test suites and validate implementations against synthetic test cases and real-world data sets
- Create write-up of software requirements and architecture to facilitate implementation and testing of features, adhering to ASPICE process
- Lead and perform design, code review with peers and system experts in the organization
- Deliver production software that meets ongoing customer needs and comply with ISO9001 and ISO26262
- BS degree in EE/CS with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Expert programmer in C/C++ and Matlab
- Expertise in optimization of performance on embedded VLIW/SIMD DSPs e.g. Tensilica Vision series or similar vector processors.
- Experience of memory hierarchy, cache architecture, data movement accelerator and their impact on performance.
- Experience of hands-on programming on System on Chip with heterogeneous multi-core environment
- Experience in signal processing algorithm design and implementation
- Exposure in multimedia, communication or similar high-complexity and performance-critical domain
- Exposure in Agile development delivering results in a dynamic collaborative environment
- Familiarity with ASPICE compliant software development process
Mandatory Key skills:
- Experience in Signal Processing
- Should have worked on Algorithm Development
- Research oriented work with implementation for a product is desirable
- very familiar with Matlab
- Should have insight into DSP optimized implementation
- Should have worked on domains like Radar, Wireless Communications (base stations), MIMO, Video/Audio Processing etc.,