Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China.
As an Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineer, you will join a team of industry-leading experts spanning across multiple engineering domains to develop the next generation of touchless sensors impacting us in our everyday lives. You will be a key contributor to the evolution of Uhnder radar sensing product roadmap. The ideal candidate will have excellent fundamentals and understand the pros and cons of different analog/Mixed-Signal implementations, as well as possess the creativity to apply/modify standard devices in nontraditional and innovative ways.
- Transistor Level Design of a variety of Analog/Mixed-Signal blocks such as high-speed ADCs and DACs, Phase-Locked-Loops, signal conditioning blocks like buffers, filters, variable-gain amplifiers, as well as LDO regulators, charge-pumps, bandgap, and current references, I/O drivers and other supporting circuits.
- Discuss block and system performance with System Engineers and develop adequate circuit topologies and architectures to fulfill the system requirements.
- Perform/supervise the chip floor-planning and layout, post-layout extractions, and verifications.
- Perform/supervise silicon characterization, reliability evaluation, and the development of automated measurements.
- Communicate technical goals and work with management to develop a schedule and to track and execute a project to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation including general specification, circuit description, and measurement reports.
Required Education and Experience:
- MSEE with 4+ years of industrial experience or Ph.D. on the relevant subject.
- Proven track record of Analog/Mixed-Signal blocks integrated circuit design in CMOS technologies with several completed projects from architecture to tape-out and silicon characterization.
- Experience with standard/FinFET CMOS technologies. Deep understanding of device modeling; supply isolations, high-frequency ESD/Latch-Up structures, and circuit layout for optimum performance.
- Advanced Experience with Cadence Virtuoso and Spectre-RF, with knowledge of Skill scripting being a plus.
- Hands-on experience in mm-wave silicon characterization and debug. Knowledge of Python or C (for test and analysis scripting). Knowledge of test parameters and test equipment; oscilloscope, VNA, spectrum/signal analyzers, hands-on experience in analog/Mixed-Signal testing.
- Must possess good communication and presentation skills and the desire to be part of a dynamic team.