Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China. MulticoreWare is facilitating the setup of Uhnder India.
Using a combination of advanced CMOS and Digital Code Modulation (DCM) technology to deliver the industry’s first digital automotive Radar-On-Chip (ROC), Uhnder’s approach and technology is transforming the automotive industry by changing the way radars work with significant improvements in performance with the additional benefits of smaller size, lower power and cost.
As a Data Collection Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives.
- Participate in the specification, design and development of a new data collection, storage and curation project for radar development
- Work with product management and engineer to define use cases for data collection.
- Develop an on-going capture plan and review results of recorded data.
- Record data on different platforms (lab, vehicles, robotis, etc.), based on the capture plan.
- Review and analyze data for correctness
- Ensure data is captured and stored in standard and custom formats, as needed.
- Curate data repository: catalog data, enable search, based on defined criteria and publish to stakeholders.
- Work with 3rd parties to label objects within recorded data, as required for specific development efforts.
- Plan and execute large-scale data collection efforts.
- Work with applications group to create demos based on curated data sets.
- Assist in system QA activities based on captured data
- Perform field testing of radar hardware and software, identifuing potential areas for improvements.
- Support engineering in the root-cause debug of issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering/Computers/Science with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Programming experience in C++, Python & Linux
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of robotics system including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems
- Capable to apply objective, scientific methods, and critical thinking
- Experience in real-time, performance-critical, applications (e.g. communications)
- Valid driver license with a clean driving record
- Knowledge of and experience with automotive radar & lidar sensors
- Experience in automotive ADAS and/or autonomous applications.
- Experience with testing of automotive systems.
- Experience with test and bug tracking tools (e.g. Atlassian Confluence, Jira).
- Eexperience in technical writing, drawings and documentation.