Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieves new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China.
Why the position matters:
We are a quickly growing startup in the radar sensing for EV space, among many other applications. This is one of the hottest places in tech right now. Our unique technology is leading the competition and we are hiring the best talent in the industry. We are expanding and have an exciting future ahead.
As we are still a startup our current test and measurement setups, methodologies, and systems are still in their infancy. A motivated candidate today can have an outsized impact on the company by helping to propose, design, and test new radar/mmWave/silicon test setups and methodologies for the future of the company. We need your creativity, curiosity, and a desire to try and build new things!
As an Analog mmWave DFT / RF Post-Silicon Engineer, you will join a team of industry-leading experts spanning across multiple engineering domains to help develop and validate the next generation of touchless sensors impacting us in our everyday lives. You will be a key contributor to the evolution of the test and evaluation systems of our Uhnder radar sensing product family.
- Embedded with the Analog design team to define, plan, and execute Analog test functions and implement these tests in lab characterization and validation environments and further implement these test into high volume ATE platforms
- Responsible for hands-on radar module verification, characterization, collection, and analysis of measurement data, and supervision of test runs.
- Working with the Analog mmWave/RF team to help validate post-silicon in-system performance at a chip and radar-module level. Reducing test-time, while improving both repeatability and accuracy of measurement
- Develop and/or improve RF test and measurement methods which characterize a variety of high-performance mmWave/Analog/Mixed-Signal blocks such as mmWave LNAs, TX PAs, high-speed ADCs and DACs, Synthesizer PLLs, etc.
- Develop scripts, test methods, and contribute to overall design improvement of automated mmWave/RF test setups, calibration routines, measurement taking methods, and data post-processing techniques
- Responsible for maintaining radar modules under test to be current and operational by keeping firmware and software up to date with latest internal releases of silicon, firmware, and/or chip software
- Help in all aspects of lab management, maintenance, procurement, and implementation of lab test setups
- Communicate technical goals and work with management to develop a schedule to track, execute, and meet test/project deadlines
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering and 8 years of related experience
- Strong Analog and /or mmWave test background
- Post-silicon validation experience
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals and methodologies
- Fundamental understanding of RF specifications and measurement techniques such as gain, noise, dynamic range, intermodulation, blocking, phase-noise, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of RF transmission-line concepts such as matching, reflections, terminations, path loss, resonance, etc.
- Prior experience with wave guide and RF to mmWave harmonic frequency multiplication and frequency conversion techniques are desired
- Experience in the use and automated control of high-performance RF test and measurement laboratory equipment such as RF Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, and VNAs
- Must possess good communication and presentation skills and the desire to be part of a dynamic team
- Knowledge of software programming tools and SW development
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming (Python preferred)
- Proficiency in the use of data processing tools (Excel, MATLAB, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable explaining technical concepts to a wide range of audiences, including senior engineering resources