Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital radar-on-chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s digitally coded modulation technology achieves new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China.
As a Product Manager, Radar Sensors Hardware, you will join a team of mixed-signal, RFIC, DSP, and radar experts to develop the next generation of 4D imaging radars surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives.
As the Product Manager for Radar Sensor Hardware, you are responsible for ensuring that Uhnder defines radar sensors that meet the needs of the intended market/application and maximizes the technical differentiation of the Uhnder digitally modulated radar technology. This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). You will play an integral role in defining new product requirements and working with key stakeholders to reach a consensus on the final definition. You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. Attention to detail is critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
Required Education and Experience:
- Drives the Radar Sensor roadmap and all planning/definition activities
- Primary focus is in-bound marketing activities, understanding customer, industry & application requirements
- Develops requirements for new products; negotiates features/cost/schedule with R&D and Program Management
- Monitors the competition and market
- Develops datasheets and sales collateral for Uhnder Radar Sensors
- Assists Sales and field application engineers with pre-sales activities as subject matter expert on Uhnder modules and associated roadmap
- Electrical Engineer BS or MS
- 3-5 years product management experience with automotive radar sensor technologies OR
- 3-5 years of experience as an automotive radar design/applications engineer with a career goal to move into product marketing.
- Automotive radar experience is required
- Experience in the definition and design of radars
- Knowledge of ASPICE and writing SYS.1-level requirements
- Experience with mmWave technology
- Familiarity with functional safety an ISO-26262
- Experience working on automotive sensors with a Tier-1, OEM or a company developing an autonomous driving stack
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Self-starter and motivated. Doesn’t require day-to-day tasking
- Able to maintain discussions with highly experienced engineers at Uhnder and Customer