Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China.
As a Functional Safety Architect – Radar (f/m/d), you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems and software experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives.
- Lead the functional safety strategy for Uhnder’s Radar on Chip (RoC) and Radar sensor solutions
- Responsible for the functional safety study and driving the safety architecture for radar sensors: Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment (HARA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Draft specifications of functional safety requirements; design safety goals, functional safety concepts; develop safety mechanisms, including its synthesis in HW/SW, in accordance with ISO 26262
- Support R&D teams concerning functional safety requirements, implementation and assessment, as well as work as a consultant for sales and Customer support team on Automotive customer projects from the system engineering and functional safety points of view
- Identifying technical and process risks during Radar product development and testing
- Coordination/supporting during functional safety audit and assessments
Required Education and Experience:
- M.Sc.(Eng.) or Ph.D. degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Embedded Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or comparable education.
- 5+ years of industry experience, preferable in leading automotive (OEM, Tier-1) company, aerospace or semiconductor vendor.
- Hands-on experience with designing and verifying functional safety systems in automotive, aerospace or military, with successful contributions on the definition, plan, and deployment of functional safety strategies and system architectures of commercial products
- Experience in designing embedded systems, particularly HW design or SW development
- Knowledge on deployment of relevant safety standards/methods i.e. IEC 61508, ISO 26262
- Understanding of trends in autonomous driving standardization such as SOTIF
- Experience with AUTOSAR and ASPICE are highly beneficial
- Comfortable working with the ambiguity inherent in developing new technologies in a fast-growing start-up company environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills spanning technical contributors, business stakeholders, and senior management
San Jose, CA