Senior/Staff Engineer - Antenna Design
Job Location: Chennai
Reporting Manager: Evan Marchman
Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China. MulticoreWare is facilitating the setup of Uhnder India.
Using a combination of advanced CMOS and Digital Code Modulation (DCM) technology to deliver the industry’s first digital automotive Radar-On-Chip (ROC), Uhnder’s approach and technology is transforming the automotive industry by changing the way radars work with significant improvements in performance with the additional benefits of smaller size, lower power and cost.
As a Senior Antenna Design Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems and software experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives.
• Design of mm-wave antennas and feed structures including advanced silicon
and/or packaging technologies.
• Design of passive components including matching networks, transmission lines,
planar and three-dimensional transitions in advanced silicon.
• Provide mm-wave design expertise in support of specification and design reviews, modelling and simulation, and system integration and test.
• Drive the board-level PCB design/layout and assembly processes. Integration and test of microwave components, subsystems, and modules.
Required Education and Experience
• MS or PhD (preferred) in Electrical Engineering or Physics
• At least 7 years of experience designing mm-wave antennas and antenna arrays,
including modeling and testing
• Strong working knowledge in microwave theory and techniques
• Excellent proficiency in mm-wave modelling using Ansys HFSS
• Cascade and network analysis for microwave subsystems including S-parameters,
noise figure, linearity, power/gain, losses, IP3, IMD products, and phase noise.
• Experience testing microwave components, assemblies, and modules; including
deep understanding of the test equipment and techniques used
• Experience with mm-wave calibrations and de-embedding for both waveguide and probed measurements
• Knowledge of microwave PCB substrates and multi-layer architectures for highly
integrated system-in-package and PCB solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-site, collaborative environment