Senior/Staff Engineer - Antenna Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Chennai
Reporting Manager: Evan Marchman
Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China. MulticoreWare is facilitating the setup of Uhnder India.
Using a combination of advanced CMOS and Digital Code Modulation (DCM) technology to deliver the industry’s first digital automotive Radar-On-Chip (ROC), Uhnder’s approach and technology is transforming the automotive industry by changing the way radars work with significant improvements in performance with the additional benefits of smaller size, lower power and cost.
As an Antenna Mechanical Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems and software experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives.
• Work closely with RF designers to build manufacturable realizations of radar
• Multi-disciplinary role incorporating mechanical and electromagnetic design
• Mechanical design of mm-wave RF test fixtures and jigs
• Produce manufacturing files and documentation
• Test and verify manufactured parts meet specifications and quality requirements
• Assist other with other mechanical design tasks as needed
Required Education and Experience
• BS or MS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 2-5 years of experience in an equivalent role
• Strong 2D and 3D proficiency with Solidworks
• Strong fundamental mechanical design knowledge
• Working knowledge of modern, high-precision manufacturing techniques
• Experience with mold tooling is desired
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Self-starter and motivated, doesn’t require day-to-day tasking
• Good at working in a fast-paced, multi-site, collaborative environment