Senior/Staff Engineer – Mechanical engineer
Job Location: Chennai
Reporting Manager: Evan Marchman
Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design
facilities in India and China. MulticoreWare is facilitating the setup of Uhnder India.
Using a combination of advanced CMOS and Digital Code Modulation (DCM) technology to deliver the industry’s first digital automotive Radar-On-Chip (ROC), Uhnder’s approach and technology is transforming the automotive industry by changing the way radars work with significant improvements in performance with the additional benefits of smaller size, lower power and cost.
As Mechanical engineer, you will be involved in designing mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods. Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs and applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (SolidWorks / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations
• Work with design team to improve productivity using design automation
• Good knowledge of Thermal Engineering is required for designing
• Ensure product safety and compliance with global codes, standard and regulations such as ASME, FM, PED, ATEX
• Rugged, MIL-STD Grade products IP65/66/67(Dust & Waterproof) like Base Station, Industrial automation & Data acquisition systems
• Exposure to Electro-Mechanical systems/sub systems, Enclosures, Chassis. Rugged MIL Grade systems. Rack mount Electronic enclosure development with Complex Sheet metal /Machined enclosures (1RU-20RU) with thermal solution, Machined & Die cast chassis/ enclosures with Rack, wall & floor mount
• Various Manufacturing process, Vendor, supplier interaction for Complex Sheet metal parts development & Fabrication, Die cast part & tool development, qualification. Plastic & Machined Parts. Shop floor Production support: Tools, Fixtures, Jigs, Gauges development.
• Complete Proof of concept, ID design, Thermal, Detail design , Proto build, Tolerance stack up,
should costing, Value Engg follow DFA/DFM/DFT, Reliability, FEMA, Production support, Tool Qualification, FAI Approval, NPD/ NPI Lifecycle
• Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams.
• Works within a team setting and / or under guidance. Alternatively: executing routine but complex analysis.
• Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, configure, the design or integration required to define, and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
• Work seamlessly across other functions/ multiple global sites to help meeting the organization goals / objectives
Required Education and Experience:
• BE/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5-7 years of relevant industry experience in electromechanical design
• Energetic and quick learner – no task too small or big
• Good at working in a fast-paced multi-site collaborative environment