As the Product Marketing Manager, Radar Sensors, you are responsible for ensuring that Uhnder defines and develop radar sensors that meet the needs of the intended market/application and maximizes the technical differentiation of the Uhnder digitally module radar technology. This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in defining new product requirements and working with key stakeholders within Uhnder to reach a consensus on the final definition. You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful. You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs and messaging that drive demand. Attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. You will regularly collaborate with R&D, program management, operations, and the sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
Required Education and Experience:
- Responsible product management of Uhnder Radar Sensors
- Drives the Radar Sensor roadmap and all planning/definition activities
- Primary focus is in-bound marketing activities; understanding customer, industry & application requirements
- Understand and document target customer buying process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make.
- Develops marketing requirements definitions for proposed products; negotiate features/cost/schedule with R&D and Program Management
- Monitors the competition and market
- Develops datasheets and sales collateral for Uhnder Modules
- Assists Sales and field application engineers with pre-sales activities as subject matter expert on Uhnder modules and associated roadmap
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with target buyer personas
- Mid-level experience; 5-10 years product management experience with marketing communication experience as a nice to have.
- Experience/knowledge with mmWave technology, specific automotive radar experience is preferred
- Electrical Engineer BS or MS
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Self-starter and motivated. Doesn’t require day-to-day tasking
- Able to hold their own in discussions with highly experienced engineers at Uhnder and Customer