For our locations in US e.g. San Jose (USA), Austin (USA)
Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital radar on chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s digitally coded modulation technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China.
As a Field-Application Manager - Radar (f/m), you will join a team of mixed-signal and RFIC experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives. This is a full-time intern position.
- Work with customers, field sales team, applications engineers, system engineers, design engineers and the product line manager to enable and technically support customer projects
- Cooperate with designers, field-application engineers and other product definers to clarify specifications and to support customers
- Customer project management (e.g. project management)
- Support of all technical aspects of radar sensor hw and sw, PCB, antenna, housing, mechanical and thermal management.
- Work with customers directly to derive requirements and prepare specifications
- Drive creation of datasheets and corresponding documentations, e.g. application notes
- Negotiate the product specification details with the customer, documenting the linkage between performance criteria, verification methods, and results via the traceability matrix.
- Contribute to the overall corporate and divisional goals of minimizing costs, contributing to the intellectual property bank, quality and reliability improvement, and customer goodwill.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in electrical or computer engineering or technology; MS preferred, 5+ years experience
- Recognized senior member of technical staff, equivalent semiconductor/radar sensor expertise
- Experience in related fields such as automotive, industrial, consumer high-GHz applications, basic design experience and corresponding tools
- Proficiency with rf test methods, especially radar up to 120 GHz would be beneficial
- Experience in software to handle specifications e.g. doors, Jama and compliance matrices
- Experience in digital signal processing, software tools
- Proficiency with written and verbal communication skills, having been effective in assignments that cross territorial and cultural boundaries
- Experience with process and documentation requirements of AEC-Q100/AEC-Q104 qualification and ISO-26262 / IEC-61508 functional safety standards
- General experience in all automotive safety and security aspects, including sensor fusion and sensor networks