Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
Full Time, Remote US or Kansas City
Siloed data prevents organizations from gaining timely views into security risks. The Query.AI Platform provides real-time, centralized insights from decentralized data – across cloud, SaaS, and on-prem environments – enabling organizations to accelerate cybersecurity investigations and efficiently respond to threats.
Query.AI is a CRN Top 10 Cloud Securityp and a Gartner Cool Vendor in Security Operations. Query.AI has raised $20m in funding from the best known cybersecurity investors.
What you'll love about Query.AI
Query.AI is a well-funded startup that's helping the world's best companies to better protect against and respond to security incidents. We're backed by savvy VC's, our leadership team has a track record of success, and we're forging a new category to make cybersecurity more effective against the challenges of today's world.
We care about our people and about their quality of life. We're ap that won't burn you out. Joining Query.AI now is an opportunity to influence the growth of the company and help keep the good guys safe.
Query.AI is making the job of security analysts easier. To do that, we need intuitive interfaces to simplify complicated operations and talented software engineers with an emphasis on front end development to build them. The successful candidate will influence the design of our user interfaces and will understand how to develop server side applications, but will spend most of their time building great front end code.
- Write clean, testable, performant code in TypeScript and React.
- Guide the technical design of Query.AI's next generation front end.
- Influence the user interface design of Query.AI's SaaS product.
- Partner with Product Management and Experience Design to ensure that concepts are technically feasible and practical.
Must-Have Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with server-side development in Node.js or Python.
- Understanding of data visualization concepts and technologies such as D3.
- Familiarity with Functional Programming concepts and modern approaches to concurrency.
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively with diverse teammates.
- Insatiable professional curiosity and strong but loosely held opinions.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with product analytics tools.
- Familiarity with user interface and user interaction design concepts.
- Experience in Cyber Security or log management.
- Experience working with AWS (preferred), GCP, or Azure.
The successful candidate is most likely to have 4 or more years of experience building software and at least a bachelors degree in computer science or a related field.
In case you're curious (or you're a job search engine), our stack today is a mix of Python and TypeScript deployed to AWS using Terraform to provision containers and lambdas with a TypeScript/React front end. But we're young enough for change to be easy and want you to help us rethink our technology choices.