Measures for Justice will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please contact Rachel Snyder at email@example.com.
*Only candidates living in NY will be considered.
To be considered for the role, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
About Measures for Justice
Measures for Justice is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization dedicated to developing tools and services that help communities, including the institutions that serve them, reshape how the criminal justice system works. Since 2011, we have been collecting, standardizing, and publishing criminal justice data to increase transparency, accessibility, and accountability. We’re leading a movement to change the future of criminal justice.
As a Platform Security Engineer II/III at Measures for Justice, you will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and managing technical solutions that keeps our data safe. Collaborating closely with our IT and Compliance departments, you will develop coordinated incident response processes to ensure our teams can quickly and effectively respond to security incidents. You will also stay up-to-date on emerging attack vectors and develop proactive threat models to secure our data. Through your expertise, you will ensure Measures for Justice can continue leading a movement to change the future of criminal justice.
Our tech stack includes but is not limited to: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, NodeJS, Kotlin, EC2, RDS (Aurora Postgres), S3, and Elasticache
- Design and implement secure cloud-based access controls to protect sensitive data
- Develop, validate, and automate security systems to address vulnerabilities proactively
- Collaborate on security policies and lead audits for a robust security posture
- Monitor and respond to security breaches, coordinating incident responses across teams
- Stay updated on emerging threats, contribute to threat models, and enhance security strategies
- Foster security awareness, educate team members on protocols, and promote best practices
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging by modeling inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias
- Strong background in permissions and access schema design and their usage in a cloud (AWS preferred) environment
- Working knowledge of at least one cybersecurity framework (bonus points for NIST, CIS, CJIS, and ISO 27001)
- Familiar with penetration testing
- Proven experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including advocating for new processes/policies as needed
- Strong history of independent work, self-direction, and prioritization
- Experience creating user-training or related content for non-technical stakeholders to improve security posture
- Background in auditing systems and writing audit reports
- Familiar with Change Control Management
- Experience with cloud security policy implementation
- Cloud Security certifications (Cyber Security, Cloud Essentials, etc.)
If you do not have the skills/experience mentioned in the bonus points section, we still encourage you to apply!
- Meaningful work that contributes to positive social change
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment fostering growth and work-life balance
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous paid time off, including 20 days vacation, 10 sick days, 15 paid holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day!), and 2 days of community service
- Reduced hours on summer Fridays
- Paid parental leave
- 401k matching up to 3% of annual salary
- Professional development opportunities via Bravely, Coursera, and more
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote and hybrid work, for eligible positions
- Full technology package including computer, monitors, bluetooth devices, and more
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Measures for Justice is committed to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in our workplace. We strive to create a welcoming environment for people of all backgrounds by eradicating barriers to access and opportunity. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Measures for Justice provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Background checks will be conducted for candidates who receive an offer of employment and will be contingent on the evaluation of any information received consistent with applicable laws. Follow-up background checks will be conducted on employees after each five years of employment.